Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Hecate: Matron Goddess of Nightkind

Hecate Pictures, Images and Photos

For those of us who choose to walk along a path of shadows Hecate is well known. Indeed, Hecate is well known to most witches and warlocks be they seeks of light, or stalkers of night.

There is much wisdom to be had in Hecate in spiritual matters, and much power to be had in magickal matters. But perhaps the most gratifying of Hecate's qualities is the solice and comfort she can provide for us nightkind. Last night, while scrying my portal and chanting her invocation I could hear her speaking to me almost as if she were leaning over my should and gently whispering words of comfort. Given this has been a trying time, and one of serious rebirth and rediscovery of things that once mattered to me this could not have come at a better time. It was as if I were being welcome back into the either of night after a long journey, and I have to say it is as if I never left.

I won't get much into the myths of Ancient Greece regarding Hecate as this is my view: Ancient myths are just that, ANCIENT MYTHS. While you are certainly free to browse through them and decide for yourself, I find the best way to get to know these entities is to commune with them through meditation, scrying, ritual, spirit boards etc. Myths can give you a general idea of the thoughtforms surrounding Hecate, or any other mythological being but trust your intution and your instincts. Rarely (if ever) will you find a being deliberately out to decieve you.

As one of Nightkind it is not surprising that I would find myself attracted to the essence of Hecate. Although some have a stigma that comes of her sometimes fearsome image, you need not be afraid. Darkness is the way of the universe. It has no source, it just is..and therefore it can be neither good nor evil. Good/Evil only come into play when you consider the actions, motivations, and morals (or lack thereof) regarding the practitioner. And even then this can be a highly subjective matter (one man's demons are another man's angels so to speak). But these are just MY opinions, and MY impressions. What will Hecate bring to you? Maybe you should find out...perhaps...tonight.

Darkest Regards,
Raven

No comments:

Post a Comment