Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Post-mortem reflections on The Circle of Shadows; Birth of the Halo of Serpents

When the Circle of Shadows was concieved in early October of last year neither I has high priest, nor any of the other members had any idea where it would go. And now with nearly six months passing since it's last meeting, and in the spirit of Samhain I am now ready to offically declare our diminutive coven dead. Not unlike a corpse decays encased in it's coffin under the cold damp earth the Circle of Shadows has become nothing more than skeletal remains of what it once was. Members came and went, and then after the Walpurgisnacht ritual it honestly ceased to exist. Personal tensions grew between current members and honestly between present as well as past members that I personal remained friends with, but others did not. Which in turn caused more tensions between those of us who were in current participation.

As I look back on the six months that The Circle of Shadows was active, I can say complete confidence that there is nothing about the experience that I regret. I was certainly memorable, and I will carry the things I learned from it for a very long time to come. But in hindsight I can see in many ways that the Circle of Shadows was destined to be short lived. The diversity of it's members suggest that now. Many were much more light-sided than I am. And most, with the exception of myself and two others were strictly Wiccan/Neo-pagan. Whereas I had a more Luciferian twist to my practice, and the others didn't really define themselves but they certainly had a darker nature. This alone can cause conflict not only with the construction and the logistics of a ritual, but also with the compatibility of the energies created by the participants.
This also led to personality differences, and left unresolved or without care taken to avoid conflict they will almost cetainly lead to tension in the coven dynamic. On the whole, the Circle of Shadows was definitely a postive experience for me and I can only hope that the same can be said for everyone else who participated.

On that note, there have obviously been many changes to the blog. I will now tend to focus on the more Luciferian and traditional elements of my own practice and experiences, as well as random thoughts and ideas as they come to me. I have also retitled the blog as "The Halo of Serpents". I think it's time to change things up a little bit, and I'm going to do my best to make that happen. I also plan to make a sincere effort to post and update things on a more regular basis as they have been sorely lacking over the last year or better.

HAPPY SAMHAIN TO YOU ALL!

Ambrogio Notte

No comments:

Post a Comment